Role: CNC Machine Set-up Tech & Operator
Reports to: Department Supervisor
Employment Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for the production of machined parts in a safe and efficient manner by performing the tasks assigned to them by the Department Supervisor.
Shift: First (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Sets-up and operates production equipment to produce products in accordance with production needs
- Produces assigned products in accordance with verbal and written instructions
- Completes equipment set-up, in accordance with customer specifications and quality procedures
- Notifies management of product discrepancies & equipment malfunctions
- Maintains work areas in a safe and orderly manner, to include returning tools to designated areas
- Records production data as required
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Inspects parts and documents findings on appropriate paperwork as needed
- Perform necessary maintenance of equipment as needed
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines
- Suggests new ideas for working more efficiently
- Properly maintains tooling, machines, and measuring devices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior CNC machine experience. Daewoo/Doosan or Nakamura experience a plus.
- Must be able to speak/read/write in English
- Understanding of shop math, including fractions and decimals
- Read and understand manufacturing drawings
- Good understanding of measuring devices such micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, & scales
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft products
- Must have good skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently, and exercise sound judgment and problem solving
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Salary range of $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Paid holidays
- Earned Time Off
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, distinguish between different colors, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.